Website terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to your usage of this website. For the full terms and conditions of the Own your life Rewards programme, you must view the Rules of the programme, which are available here
In this User Agreement, the words below have the following meanings assigned to them:
- “we”, “us”, and/or “our”, means Own your life Rewards (Pty) Limited
- “website” means the internet pages at www.ownyourliferewards.co.za
- “you” and “your” means the user of the website.
- Your consent
Your use of this website is subject to the conditions set out below. These conditions may change from time to time so please familiarise yourself with this Agreement regularly.
- You warrant your identity (i.e. you are who you say you are) and that you can prove your identity should we require you to do so.
- We reserve the right to refuse to provide services to you if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us.
- You will keep your login name and password confidential and you will not divulge your login name or password to anyone nor allow others to use them.
- Any use of the login name and password by any person shall be deemed to be use by you.
- We will not ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or written correspondence.
- Full disclosure of all relevant facts
- You guarantee that all information you provide at any time to us via this website, in writing, or to our servicing staff, will be true and correct.
- You guarantee that you have fully disclosed all material facts. Any breach of your contractual duties under this Agreement may lead to the contract or any transactions arising from the contract being rendered void.
- We will need certain personal and financial information from you. It is in your best interest to keep the information up-to-date and accurate.
- Electronic transactions, communication and records
- You accept the risk of choosing electronic communication as the channel to be utilised by the parties. You authorise us to act on the information that you send electronically. You further agree that all records will be stored electronically by us and such electronic record will constitute conclusive proof of the contents of such record, unless you prove otherwise.
- Any email sent to you will be deemed to have been received by you upon dispatch by us.
- We take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information and maintain confidentiality, including the use of encryption technology. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us online and you do so at your own risk.
- What do we do with the information we collect?
- We are committed to keeping your information confidential. We will use it to personalise your experience, service and your policy, and to communicate directly with you.
- We will disclose information when required to do so (1) by any regulatory authority (like the Financial Services board) and the regulators they appoint for the various financial sectors (2) by any stock exchange and its related clearing house (3) to comply with any regulation passed under the relevant legislation, or any legal process (4) to protect and defend our rights and property (including our intellectual property).
- Parties other than us also collect information
- Some advertisers or websites that have links on our website may collect personal information about you when you access or use their links. We do not control the collection or use of such information. This document does not apply to these websites and their advertisers. We recommend that you always read the privacy and security statements on such sites prior to divulging any personal information.
- Consent is given that member information may be shared directly or through a data base operation with partners or suppliers of ours. Sharing of Information can be in such a detailed, abbreviated or coded form as may be decided by us from time to time. Sharing of data is for the purpose of providing services and/or benefits for members. This includes sending and/or receiving member data to and from partners and suppliers.
- Information transmitted via the internet or other networks, whether wireless or otherwise, may be subject to interception. We therefore take all reasonable precaution to ensure that your use of this website is secure but we are not liable for any loss or damage that you may suffer because of your using this website.
- If you want to prevent others from reading emails that we send you, set up your own password protection on your system at home or work.
This website is our property. The website, the intellectual property and all software are protected by copyright. All rights in our trademarks, computer code, tools, calculators and devices remain our sole property. Our software or data may not be decompiled, reverse-engineered, or disassembled, or used in any manner whatsoever.
We are committed to providing you with the best possible service. However, we are not responsible for:
- interrupted, delayed or failed transmission, storage or delivery of information owing to a power failure, equipment or software malfunction, natural disasters, fire, labour unrest, or any other cause beyond our control
- any negligent act or omission by us
- inaccurate or inadequate information obtained from the website or inaccurate information supplied by you.
We are also not responsible for any direct or indirect loss or damages that may arise from:
- your actions or omissions that result in a breach of this Agreement
- links with other websites the content of which we cannot control or the products offered on those websites
- a denial of access to the website should we believe that you are conducting activities that are illegal, abusive, or attack the integrity of the site or put us in disrepute
- reliance on the information obtained from this website.
- While we make every effort to ensure that the information is accurate and up to date, we make no representations nor warranties either about the suitability of the products that appear or about the soundness of the content on the website.
- All information, including products and services or any terms or conditions pertaining to them, is subject to change at any time.
- All calculations made on the website are approximations, and are meant as guidelines only and should be confirmed before relying on them.
- We are not responsible for any defects in, malfunctions of, or inaccuracies in, the performance of any calculators used in the calculations.
- All services provided via this website are subject to confirmation at the time of finalising any transactions.
- Some of our information is derived from external sources. We are not responsible for the incorrect information received from these external sources.
- You hereby indemnify us and keep our servicing staff indemnified against all actions, proceedings, costs, damages, expenses, penalties, claims, demands and liabilities of any kind arising directly from death, disability, injury or damage suffered by you or your dependants as a result of participating in the programme, as contemplated in these terms and conditions.
- Jurisdiction and applicable law
- Your use of the website will for all purposes relating to its use, constitute your consent and submission to the jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa (South Gauteng Local Division).
- Any claim arising from the following is subject to the laws of the Republic of South Africa - in respect of both the basis of the claim [contract, delict (tort), or any other], and the law relating to procedure and evidence
the use or inability to use the website
an application for, and the rendering of a service or providing of a product.
All proceedings will be held in English and the unsuccessful party will be liable to pay all costs incurred by the successful party, including costs between attorney and own client.
- Detailed description of goods and / or services
Own your life Rewards is a programme offered by Own your life Rewards (Pty) Ltd (Registration Number 1998/009122/07). The rules of the Own your life Rewards programme can be found here.
This website is run by Entelect Software (Pty) Ltd based in South Africa and with registration number: 2007/001837/07 (www.entelect.co.za)
- Export restriction
The offering on this website is only available to residents of the Republic of South Africa (“RSA”) and legal entities incorporated in the RSA (collectively referred to as “RSA residents”).
We shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, "personal information" shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569
We do not take responsibility for aspects relating to the transactions, including sale of goods and services, undertaken on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
- Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and we choose as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature to be, Liberty Centre, 1 Ameshoff Street, Braamfontein, 2001.
- Our Contact details
Own your life Rewards Customer Service Centre: 0860 690 908